our email: thematernallens@gmail.com
follow us on twitter!

11.19.2009

{low down, throw down with little moon photography}

it must be baby week here on tml! we have another fantabulous photographer to share with you today. amber scruggs of little moon photography is one of a kind. she does it all, but her baby work is some of the best out there! her colors always blow me away and the sweetness of the photos tug at those heart strings every time! visiting her site is a sure way to get baby fever! ha ha.

i'm happy to introduce you to amber scruggs {little moon photography}


Name: Amber Scruggs
Business name: Little Moon Photography
Location: Northern, Virginia
Website/blog: www.littlemoonphotography.com /
www.littlemoonphotography.com/blog



Tell us one sentence to describe your photography:
Most people describe my work as organic, timeless and creamy.

What's one thing that everyone should know about you?:
I'm a workaholic and very organized. It definitely helps when you own
a business!



How long have you been doing photography and how did you get started:
I've been in business almost two years. I was always into photography
but didn't take it seriously until my son was born. I wanted to take
better photos of him and it exploded into a business.
What did you want to be or think you would be when you grew up?:
A veterinarian, I have always loved animals!



If you were given $500 today, what would be the first thing you would do?:
A clothes shopping spree! I never spend money on myself these days.

Where do you go to find inspiration?:
Flickr is an awesome place to find inspiration and I also follow
countless blogs of other photographers.



What type of sessions are your favorite (children, e-sessions, weddings, newborns....) and why?:
Newborns! I love how beautiful, perfect, and new they are. The miracle
of life inspires me.

What equipment do you use and if you had only one lens to use...what would it be?:
In my camera bag I have:
a 5D MKII
a 5D Classic
50 1.2L
85 1.2L
135 2.0L
24-70 2.8L
100 2.8 Macro

If I could only use one lens it would probably be my 50 1.2, it's
awesome for newborns and older kids outside.



What moment in your life makes you smile every single time you think about it?: The birth of my son.

What is at the top of your wish list right now?:
Shockingly, nothing photography related!



Tell us the best advice that you have ever received (photography related or life in general):
Having a photography business is 70% business and 30% photography. You
have to love the business aspect of it to be successful.

If we surprised you at your house today, what would be the first thing we would notice?
Our two obnoxious dogs! One of them is quite the attention whore.



And lastly.....when we started the maternal lens, all of us filled out this questionnaire and shared our answers....now it's your turn :)

What is your favorite word? Gorgeous and you have to say it like this:
goooooooorgeoooouuuuuus.
What is your least favorite word? moist (ick)
What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? LIFE!
What turns you off creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Having too
much on my plate/stress
What sound or noise do you love? My sons laugh
What sound or noise do you hate? My alarm clock
What is your favorite thing to say when you get mad? Can't repeat it, lol.
What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? A Storm
Chaser, I'm obsessed with all things weather!
What profession would you not like to do? Pilot, flying gives me major anxiety plus I'm an all around bad driver so I'd probably make a poor pilot.
If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? I like to think god is hip and he'd give me a fist bump or something
and would welcome me to the party they were having in my honor. ;-)

now, leave some blog love here for amber and make sure you visit her website and become a follower of her blog....

a big thank you to amber/little moon photography!!!

27 comments:

  1. Yay! I love learning about new photographers! I'm excited about checking out her work. Thanks again for doing these! Amber, your photos are here are beautiful! Loved reading about you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a HUUUGE fan of Amber!!! Her newborn and baby photography is such an inspiration! She is one of my favorite photographers! :)

    Elle

    ReplyDelete
  3. great interview - amber is a huge inspiration to me and I have learned so much from her. (And I love the pearly gates answer!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amber's photos are an inspiration! True talent!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Amber's work! Great interview!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your work. Thanks for the great interview!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great interview, Amber!! As always - beautiful work!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful work Amber!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amber's work is so beautiful! I have had the chance to see her in action and she is truly a baby-whisperer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jennifer11/19/2009

    Another great photographer! Beautiful work, Amber!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous11/19/2009

    Great interview! I love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am a BIG fan of Amber's! She is such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amber, you are amazing and I am a huge fan. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amber is fantastic! Her photos are out of this world. I wish I lived closer to her so I could have her take our family photos all the time. I have learned o much from her.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an awesome interview. I'm a huge fan of Amber's work - thanks for sharing her with your readers!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great interview! Love Amber's work!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amber's newborn work is stunning and she totally deserves this feature.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amber's work is wonderful...and creamy...and organic (what great ways to describe it!). Thank you for sharing her with us!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome interview, Amber's work is just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Amber is an amazing photographer and I love how she is always willing to share her vast knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I LOVE Amber's work and have been following her blog for a while. Great interview!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hey girl,you know I love your work! Great interview and just keep doing what your doing,your'e great at it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am a Little Moon blog stalker.. I have even emailed her and she emailed me back(squeal!!)
    Amber's Newborn images are captivating!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congratulations Amber! So happy to see you here!

    ReplyDelete
  25. amber you truly are wonderful!!! xo

    ReplyDelete

want our button on your blog? copy and paste the code below: