our email: thematernallens@gmail.com
follow us on twitter!

12.17.2009

{low down, throw down with becky earl}

colorful, bight, fun, happy, beautiful....these are words that come to mind with i think of becky's work. one of my favorite blogs to visit (okay, i know i say that a lot, but i mean it every time!!). becky's work is fantastic. go see for yourself. she has such a fun, real way of capturing emotions and the true sense of her subjects. i am a HUGE fan of hers and i adore all that she does!!!

i'd like to introduce to you becky earl of be ART....


Name: Becky Earl
Business name: Becky Earl Photography - be ART
Location: Orem, UTAH
Tell us one sentence to describe your photography:
If I were to describe my photography it would be fun, modern, funky and
real.
What's one thing that everyone should know about you?:
I love to laugh. I laugh at everything. I love being around people who
make me laugh.



How long have you been doing photography and how did you get started:
I have been doing photography for just over two years. I started just
wanting to take better pictures of my kiddos. I quickly fell in love.
It's pretty much been a sick obsession ever since.

What did you want to be or think you would be when you grew up?:
I always planned on being a famous singer or entertainer. In my younger
years I knew in my heart I would play Eponine in Les Miserables. (didn't
happen). As I grew older I wanted to be Celine Dion (didn't happen).
Then I got real and got a job at Fatburger. haha



A big congrats to you and your family on your new addition! Can you tell
us about him?
THANKS! Well, he is just about the sweetest little boy on earth. My
first child was amazing, but I was crazy with her (as most first time
mothers are) always stressed out thinking something was wrong. Then my
second came so fast after (one year and four days later), I was just
exhausted with her. But, with Sawyer I was absolutely ready for him. I
am older and more mature and feel like I can finally relax and be a
great mother and enjoy every second of him.



If you were given $500 today, what would be the first thing you would do?:
Non photography....I would go on a shopping spree. I need clothes. I am
so sick of maternity clothes. But, since this is a photography site, I
would put it towards a lens. Maybe a tilt shift or the Canon 135mm. Why
do you have to go and get me thinking about money in my pocket?!?! :)

Where do you go to find inspiration?:
Other photographers, but really life in general. I find inspiration in
people's life stories. When someone has overcome a huge trial or
hardship and come out on the other end stronger it makes me want to be a
better person and be the best at everything I love to do.

What type of sessions are your favorite (children, e-sessions, weddings,
newborns....) and why?:
I love individual sessions. I love working with older kids and adults. I
love modeling sessions, like I have been doing on my blog lately. I love
showing women beauty they don't alway realize or see. It's the best
hearing them say, "I have never felt so beautiful".

What equipment do you use and if you had only one lens to use...what
would it be?:
I am a Canon girl. I have the 5D with a couple lenses (24-70 2.8L, 85
1.8, 50 1.4 and the fisheye) If I could only use one lens it would be
the 24-70 for sure. Love that lens.



What moment in your life makes you smile every single time you think
about it?:
Fun question. It would be the day I married my husband. It was a
beautiful day. I felt beautiful. I was marrying the best man to ever
walk the planet and I knew it was really the best first day of the rest
of my life.

What is at the top of your wish list right now?:
5D mark II. I love my 5D classic, so I could never get rid of it, but if
I could add on that Mark II with the video feature I would be so darn happy.



Tell us the best advice that you have ever received (photography related
or life in general):
Photography wise it was to look for inspiration out of your comfort zone
and to be true to the photographer YOU are. Life in general wise is to
be charitable. True happiness comes when you serve others.

If we surprised you at your house today, what would be the first thing
we would notice?
Pictures...and a huge backdrop. Remember earlier when I told you I
married the best man on the planet? It's true. He lets me fill our house
with everything photography. I have a huge backdrop in my living room
when you first walk in our front door. :) First thing you would hear is
two little girls laughing in their room playing house.



And lastly.....when we started the maternal lens, all of us filled out
this questionnaire and shared our answers....now it's your turn :)

What is your favorite word? Family. Just hearing the word makes me smile. :)
What is your least favorite word? DIET. HATE it.
What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Again myfamily. They all inspire me in so many different ways.
What turns you off creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Being tired. If I am tired at all...I am done for!
What sound or noise do you love? Laughter
What sound or noise do you hate? Alarm clocks
What is your favorite thing to say when you get mad? more like a sound... UUUUGGGGHHHHHH!
What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Maybe somewhere in that heart of mine, I haven't given up on Eponine. ;) Glee is bringing back all those fantasies of me on the stage. lol
What profession would you not like to do? This is funny because it what I have wanted most of my life but honestly, anything that would make me famous. I could never live that life. Followed by paparazzi and not being able to do simple things like grocery shop. No way.
If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at
the Pearly Gates? Welcome back.

a huge thank you to becky!! make sure you leave her some blog love here and then go visit her site!!

5 comments:

  1. Ashlynn12/17/2009

    Becky, you sound so fun! Wanna be friends? :)
    Your photography is so full of life! Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12/17/2009

    LOVE her work!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so fun! I love when you guys do these interviews. I have learned about so many great photogs. Becky, your work is awesome! I love your style so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. becky! it was so exciting to see you on here. congratulations, you are a rock star.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're website is so nice !!
    You should visit www.speaktrend.com , it's a website about fashion. I think that you could enjoy it !!

    Bye
    SpeakT.

    ReplyDelete

want our button on your blog? copy and paste the code below: