our email: thematernallens@gmail.com
follow us on twitter!

4.30.2010

{friday fun finds}

This Friday fun find is something I pulled from my {idea file} for my office/studio space. Inexpensive and super easy to put together, this is a great DIY project for anyone OR you could snag some premade embroidery hoop wall art on etsy.



I purchased all of my hoops on etsy (search for embroidery hoops) and used fabric scraps from my stash. If you want to get fancy, you can do some applique (iron on!) or even some embroidery. I found some adorable hoop art here and here and here to get you started with your search for inspiration and your own hoop goodies.

Want a handstiched look without the work? Scour your local thrift store or antique shop (or linen closet) for embroidered pillowcases or kitchen towels. You could even use pieces from your child's wardrobe - what a great way to create a simple, decorative keepsake!

3 comments:

  1. Cool idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah! I love embroidery hoop art. A few weeks ago, I took it a step further and wrapped some yarn around the center hoop so I could slip photos into it. You can see some pithy directions on my blog (I put a direct link to the post as my URL).

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great idea Lisa! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

want our button on your blog? copy and paste the code below: