our email: thematernallens@gmail.com
follow us on twitter!

4.15.2010

{low down, throw down with nicole zumaeta}

happy thursday!!!

nicole is on the blog today! her photos are so crisp, clear, colorful....and beautiful! they have such a real, fresh feel to them. you can't help but smile when you look at her work. make sure you visit her site and blog to see all of her gorgeous photos!!

so happy to introduce you to nicole zumaeta....


Name: Nicole Zumaeta
Business name: Nicole Z. Photography
Location: Naples, Florida




Tell us one sentence to describe your photography: My work has been described as clean and fresh. Sounds like a soap commercial to me though! I like to think of my photography as: Memorable, honest, and fun.

What's one thing that everyone should know about you?: I wear my heart on my sleeve and I value my friendships. Oh, wait, that is two things.



How long have you been doing photography and how did you get started: I have been doing photography professionally for about 3 years. My obsession with learning all there is to know about photography started when I had my first boy. I simply wanted to take better pictures of him. I quickly grew tired of my point and shoot with its shutter lag, missing all the the special, magical moments. So, in the winter of 2006 I purchased a Canon 20d with a kit lens...and that was when my journey began! It has taken time and a lot of hard work, but so far, I am loving the ride!!



If they made a movie about your life, what would it be titled and who would play you? This is a tough question....one that I had to consult my mother on. (She is my go to hard question helper). And she is totally right in that Goldie Hawn would play me...as we both have bubbly personalities. As for the title....hmmmm..."No Regrets!"

If you had an entire Saturday to do whatever you wanted...what would you do? Go to Disney, not have to wait in any lines, and ride every roller coaster!



If you could own one exotic animal as a pet, what would it be, why and what would you name it? A white tiger, because they are so stinking cute!!! I would probably name it Casper.

What did you want to be or think you would be when you grew up?:
Probably a comedian....I have always wanted to make people laugh.




If you were given $500 today, what would be the first thing you would do?:
Take a family vacation to Italy!!

Where do you go to find inspiration?:
ILP. There is so much incredible talent there!!!




What type of sessions are your favorite (children, e-sessions, weddings, newborns....) and why?: While I LOVE newborn sessions....I actually prefer 6-9 month old sessions. That is the best age for me, since they are so full of personality, and most often, they haven't learned to run away from the camera yet.




What equipment do you use and if you had only one lens to use...what would it be?: I currently use a Canon 5d, with all Canon lenses. A 50 1.4, 85 1.8, and a 24-70 2.8L. If I could only have one lens out of this bunch....while I adore my 85 and would love to choose that one...I am going to have to say the 24-70L since it is more practical. I have recently purchased an AB400 to go with my Westcott 50x50, and I am enjoying learning studio lighting!!




What is your current favorite pair of shoes? I have a pair of J-Lo wedge healed sandals that I wish I could wear every day. But having 2 boys and living in Florida, you will most often see me in flip flops or running shoes. Gotta keep up with the crazy boys you know!!

What was your first paid session like? Were you nervous? Did it turn out how you wanted? I was fortunate enough to have another local photographer accompany me to my first paid shoot, so I am sure that made me a bit less nervous. In fact, since I had been practicing and portfolio building for quite a bit, I think I was rather confident in my abilities. It actually turned out better than I had expected and I was thrilled with the outcome!




What moment in your life makes you smile every single time you think about it?:
There are honestly too many. But if I were to pick one...it would have to be the births of my children...well that is two, but how can a mother choose? LOL

What is at the top of your wish list right now?:
My wish list is never ending! Photography related it would have to be a Canon 70-200 2.8L
.




Tell us the best advice that you have ever received (photography related or life in general): My Dad is always full of great advice. But I think the advice that I received from him that I use on a daily basis in life is this: Not everyone is going to be like me....think like me...or believe the things that I believe. I am a very emotional person, and I take things very personally, so this advice helps me to better deal with people who do or say things that I might not understand.




If we surprised you at your house today, what would be the first thing we would notice? Well, right inside my front door at this very moment sits my backdrop stand with brown muslin draped over it, and my Westcott softbox. But please don't come over unannounced, since I haven't mopped in weeks!!!





And lastly.....when we started the maternal lens, all of us filled out this questionnaire and shared our answers....now it's your turn :)


What is your favorite word? Yes
What is your least favorite word? two words actually...."SAY CHEESE!" Why does everyone do that?
What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Music.
What turns you off creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Mean people!
What sound or noise do you love? Laughter!
What sound or noise do you hate? Funny question, since there are a number of sounds that drive me to insanity. The worst is by far...trickling water. For example, when my husband or kids turn on the water, but not all the way, the sound of water pouring into a glass, or peeing. (Did I actually just say that?) But that is one thing that anyone who really knows me...knows!
What is your favorite thing to say when you get mad?
WTF, only I don't use the acronym.
What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Comedic Acting.
What profession would you not like to do? Anything with a uniform.
If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Welcome to the party...behind those doors you will find all your previously departed relatives, friends, and pets!

a huge thank you to nicole!!!

12 comments:

  1. Wow, Nicole's images are beautiful!! I love the one of the belly in the green shirt with the sky behind it...breathtaking:) Going to check out her site! Love, jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiffani4/15/2010

    What gorgeous photos! I love all of them and your interview is a great read! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle Taylor4/15/2010

    Beautiful!! Thursday's are my favorite days on your blog. LOL. And today didnt disappoint!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH, Nicole. They are all stunning, but the preggo one with the tatooed guy is ah.maze.ing!!!
    Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4/15/2010

    I'm Impressed!!!
    Marc

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous gorgeous images! I love the pregnant belly beach shot..great sun flair. And I too, drop the WTF (no acronym) way too often :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! What gorgeous work, Nicole! It's hard to pick a favorite, but if I HAD to it would be the maternity against the blue sky...lovely contrast. And what a refreshing, honest interview! It's no wonder you have such good rapport with your clients. Love your website too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww...so humbled...honestly!!! Thank you all for such wonderfully kind comments!! Hugs to each and every one of you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Nicole is such a wonderful person and photographer! Congrats Nicole! I loved reading your interview!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats, Nicole! That is way awesome! That maternity shot with green shirt and blue sky is one of my all time favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Zoe and Lina....I admire the two of you so much...truly! Your kind words mean everything to me!!! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous4/18/2010

    Beautiful photos as usual!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

want our button on your blog? copy and paste the code below: