our email: thematernallens@gmail.com
follow us on twitter!

9.09.2010

{low down, throw down with audrey woulard}

if you asked me to name a photographer...right off the bat i would shout out audrey woulard!
yes, i said shout :)

when i began dabbling in photography, she was my "i wanna be like her when i grow up!" person. you know you all have one! ha ha! i would visit her blog daily (sometime multiple times a day). i was in awe....i am still in awe. she was and continues to be a HUGE inspiration in my life. and yes, i still want to be like her when i grow up. :)

so, i don't even have to tell you how excited i am that i get to feature her on TML today!!!
please welcome......

audrey woulard


Name: Audrey Woulard
Business name: Audrey Woulard Photography
Location: Chicago IL
Tell us one sentence to describe your photography:
capturing carefree colorful personalities with a perfect balance of monochromatic flair

What's one thing that everyone should know about you?:
I have an insane collection of 5 inch stilettos and fabulous handbags. Im all about the accessories!



How long have you been doing photography and how did you get started:
This is my 7th year, and I started by taking pictures of my kiddos.

If they made a movie about your life, what would it be titled and who would play you?
"The Rockmom Chronicles"... and actress Nia Long would play me.



What is your best post processing tip?:
Shy away from actions.

What is your best tip for getting great lighting in photos?
Everything and anything is a potential reflector.



What does beautiful mean to you?:
Anything that makes my heart sing.



Explain to us your dream vacation?:
My husband, no email, great shopping, great partying, lots of sun.

What type of sessions are your favorite (children, family, newborns....) and why?:
I like so many different things for many different reasons. I will say 8 year olds. They are fun enough to dress up, and they have their own ideas. They are old enough to hang in there during a long session, but innocent enough to still let that little kid shine through.



What equipment do you use and if you had only one lens to use...what would it be?:
Im all Nikon everything (D300, D700, D2Xs), and my favorite lens would be an Nikkor 85mm 1.4

What is your most embarrassing moment?
Falling down the stairs after a parent teacher conference. (thankfully only two people saw me...and one was my husband)



As a mom and photographer, how do you balance your life?:
I make no apologies for my decisions. My family comes first in any and all situations... period. No exceptions, no compromises. You can't please anyone, but I do want to please my family. They are my first priority. I can say I have achieved professional/home life balance.

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?:
I will have 3-4 studios opened up worldwide.



What song inspires you? You know the one that can lift your spirits no matter what:
Im Already Home by Jay-Z



What is the all time best book you've ever read?
48 Laws of Power

If we surprised you at your house today, what would be the first thing we would notice?
the noise



And lastly.....when we started the maternal lens, all of us filled out this questionnaire and shared our answers....now it's your turn :)

What is your favorite word? Word? (said in my best hip hop voice)
What is your least favorite word? Stoked
What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Harmony
What turns you off creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Negativity
What sound or noise do you love? My youngest singing. I love, love, love it.
What sound or noise do you hate? My kids screaming at each other.
What is your favorite thing to say when you get mad? Are you serious!?
What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Stylist, or Chef
What profession would you not like to do? anything medical related
If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Welcome



a HUGE thank you to audrey!! make sure to leave her lots of blog lovin'!!

16 comments:

  1. audrey you are fabulous!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your work Audrey! I have been a fan since you were just starting out - I remember you from 2peasinabucket!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEAUTIFUL! BEAUTIFUL! BEAUTIFUL! I love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GOD I LOVE HER. even when i knew not one single thing about photography i knew she was the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love Audrey's work! I've been following Audrey's work for years and am so glad to see her featured on TML. I want to be like her when I grow up too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE audrey and all she does and all she stands for. Perfect balance? Please tell more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mandy Rae9/09/2010

    Hands down the best photographer to be featured on this blog. Audrey is one of a kind and a true artist!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tiffany9/09/2010

    AHHHHHMAZING!! Audrey, you are an inspiration to many. Your work speaks volumes. Thanks for sharing a bit about yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your work! Clean, crispy and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sighhhhhh.... I too, want to be just like Audrey when I grow up. Love your work!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mindy A9/10/2010

    Thanks for the introduction, she is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Audrey is amazing! Great interview!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, you are as gorgeous as your clients and your photography.

    ReplyDelete
  14. She was one of the first photographers I admired as well. I love an artist who isn't afraid of color and she certainly embraces it well!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your work Audrey ♥ emotive!

    ReplyDelete

want our button on your blog? copy and paste the code below: