our email: thematernallens@gmail.com
follow us on twitter!

2.11.2011

a day of winners!

if you follow us on facebook, chance are you voted (or participated) in our february reader's photo contest (theme-love). what great photos this month!!

and if you don't follow us on facebook, well, why not?? head over there now and 'like' us. lots goes on over there :)

we are happy to have the winner of the contest on the blog today!
a big congrats to sarah phillips of sarah phillips photography and her winning photo:



story of the photo (told by sarah):

Mom was holding the baby while I changed my set up and I when I looked up, this is
what I saw. I didnʼt say a word, I just picked up my camera and started shooting.
Although I have three children of my own and have experienced the amazing and
overwhelming love that a mother instantly feels for her child, it never ceases to amaze
me. The baby in this picture is just ten days old but the mom looks like she has known
and loved him forever.


This month our theme was love. Sarah, what does photographing love mean to you?

I believe that love is in the little things. Itʼs a smile, a sideways glance, laughter, a
tender touch, chubby fingers and sometimes, even tears. Capturing love makes an
image real and brings it to life, and itʼs the reason I do what I do. I love when I look at a
picture of one of my kids and can hear their laughter or tell what theyʼre thinking from
the look on their face. I know that someday, those pictures are the ones that will bring
me right back to this crazy, but wonderful time thatʼs going by much too fast. I try to
capture those same types of moments for everyone that I photograph. I think I have the
best job in the world.









congratulations again, sarah!!
be sure to watch for our next reader's photo contest in march on our facebook page!!


***********************************************************************************

and now the winner of the amazing package of goodies
from sassy design and kristen caldwell is.........

Sarah said...

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=hp#!/SarahStarkeReimer
Shared the love on facebook!!!!!
Entry 2! :)
Thanks all!!!!


congrats sarah!!! email shannon at thousandwords@bresnan.net and i'll get you the deets to claiming your prizes. whoo hooo!!!

1 comment:

  1. OMGOSH!!!! How Awesome!!!!!
    THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!!!!! TML ROCKS VALENTINES DAY!!!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete

want our button on your blog? copy and paste the code below: