our email: thematernallens@gmail.com
follow us on twitter!

4.14.2011

low down throw down with lexi vornberg

i stumbled upon lexi's stuff not too long ago. i love when i click on a link and it takes me to a new photographer and then 30 minutes later i am still looking through their photos. i loved to be sucked into someones images.

lexi's work is truly beautiful. her style, her photography....just beautiful!!!

i'm thrilled to introduce you to lexi vornberg-

photo by- kiwistreetstudios.com


Name: Lexi (Alexandra) Vornberg
Business name: Lexi Vornberg Photography
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Tell us one sentence to describe your photography:
I'm a boutique style studio that specializes in high school senior
portraiture.

What's one thing that everyone should know about you?:
I am obsessed with my two dogs ;)

How long have you been doing photography and how did you get started:
I originally started getting into photography about 4 years ago. I
used to take pictures of my friends and their horses at a local barn.
That was with a point and shoot though, lol. I really started
getting serious about two years ago when my mom let me borrow her 30D.
I was addicted after that. I started my business in August of 2010.

If they made a movie about your life, what would it be titled and who would
play you?
Umm, I don't know what it would be titled but I would have to have
Zooey Deschanel play me. I LOVE her style and those eyes!!
O-my-goodness!!



What change are you looking most forward to this year...both professionally
and personally?
Well I am about to graduate from college, in less then 3 weeks
actually! So that's the big one. Professionally I am excited that I
have started my first full year as self employed.

When you take pictures just for you, what are they of?
My two pups of course, Jd and Samantha.



If you were given $500 today, what would be the first thing you would do?:
I would put it into my husband and my first home savings account.

Where do you go to find inspiration?:
Etsy.

What is your best post processing tip?
Starting with an awesome SOC image.



What would you tell someone who is just starting up a photography business?
Learn to shoot manual, if you haven't already ;)

What color paint is your bedroom? Why? What about your bathroom?
Creamy yellow because it reminds me of sunshine. My bathroom is white
because I?m to lazy to paint it.



What equipment do you use and if you had only one lens to use...what
would it be?:
I shoot with a canon 7D, which I love, a lens baby, original, and 50mm
1.4. My 50mm is what I use 99% of the time.

What session idea are you dying to do, but just don't know how to pull it off?
I really want to plan a vintage bridal session but I don't do weddings
and I don't want people to think I do.

Do you have a hidden talent? Or a stupid human trick?
Not that I can think of.



What was your first paid session like? Were you nervous? Did it turn out how
you wanted?
My first paid session was of a puppy in my studio. I actually wasn't
that nervous because it was for someone I knew and she ended up loving
her pictures.

What music do you love? Do you have a favorite song of all time?
I love anything Pandora plays for me ;) My favorite song is "awake and
alive" by skillet.

What is at the top of your wish list right now?:
45mm tilt-shift



Tell us the best advice that you have ever received (photography related or
life in general):
If you do what you love you will never work a day in your life.

If you had an entire Saturday to do whatever you wanted...what would you do?
Sleep and eat pancakes.

When you look back at your life, what are you most proud of?
Being able to say I owned my own business at the age of 21



How do you get a connection between you and your client?
I always feel like my clients connect with me before I even try to
connect with them. Working with seniors I'm only 4 years older then
them so there really comfortable and open around me. I think it?s
easier to be yourself around someone your age then someone older or
younger.

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
Hopefully a mom. I've suddenly had the urge to be a mother the last
few months, but nothing soon I can promise that ;)



And lastly.....when we started the maternal lens, all of us filled out this
questionnaire and shared our answers....now it's your turn :)


What is your favorite word? Awesome
What is your least favorite word? Anything slang
What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? The sun and
its beautiful light
What turns you off creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Negativity
What sound or noise do you love? The rain on a spring day
What sound or noise do you hate? Traffic
What is your favorite thing to say when you get mad? I don?t really
have one thing I say but Jd will come snuggle with me if he knows I?m
mad.
What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Dog training
What profession would you not like to do? Any 9-5 job
If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive
at the Pearly Gates?
You captured my creations beautifully


14 comments:

  1. Awwww! I love her! I wish she lived closer to me, I'd SO hire her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, makes you feel like any dream is achievable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful photography!

    ReplyDelete
  4. way to go at 21!!! so inspiring. life is so good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. may i just say how proud i am of my girl (xoxo)
    and her amazing images!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I'm more amazed by you and your work every day! And reading this interview really made my heart feel good! Lexi you and the way you look at the world are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fanned Lexi and love her stuff too!!! :) Very inspiring! Youv'e got the world at your beck and call!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous4/15/2011

    I've been a huge fan of Lexi's for a while, and I'm thrilled to share her gifts with the world! xoxo Ilene

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank you for being part of TML Lexi - beautiful work!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks everyone for the sweet comments! and thank you TML for having me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lexi is so awesome! And wow... These are some of the best her shots... Each one absolutely gorgeous! Fun interview questions too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Lexi's work! What a great interview!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This girl is TOTALLY after my own heart!!! LOVE it :-) Way to go Lexi! (i liked the skillet reference ALOT)

    ReplyDelete

want our button on your blog? copy and paste the code below: