our email: thematernallens@gmail.com
follow us on twitter!

6.09.2011

{low down, throw down} with Christine Bentley

Intense, thoughtful, fresh. These are some of the words that come to mind when looking at  Christine Bentley's photography. Bright and crisp images jump off the page which only leaves you wanting more. We are very excited to introduce you to this wonderful Orange County photographer who brings a new meaning to the word passion. Here she is, Christine Bentley.
Stats:
Name: Christine Bentley
Business name: Christine Bentley Photography
Location: Irvine, California
Website
        



Tell us one sentence to describe your photography:
I like clean and sharp images.

What's one thing that everyone should know about you?
 I have a total trucker mouth and apologize in advance.

How long have you been doing photography and how did you get started?
This is the end of my 5th year and I got started by having kids and being obsessed with taking their photo. After my favorite photographer moved out of state, I decided to take pics of my kids myself. A trip to the camera store and $15,000 later, I was in a world of disaster and tears. I had no idea what I was doing. I spent the next year learning how to shoot!




If they made a movie about your life, what would it be titled and who would play you? Hmmm......Happening To life, Sandra Bullock

 
What are you looking most forward to in 2011...both professionally and personally? 
Shooting high end weddings, select exclusive portrait clients and teaching my son to tie his shoe!

When you take pictures just for you, what are they of?
My kids and bugs




If you were given $500 today, what would be the first thing you would do?
Go to Nordstroms

Where do you go to find inspiration?
 Fine art Coffee table books, Veranda Magazine, and other photographers blogs!

What is your best post processing tip?
 USE PHOTO MECHANIC TO UPLOAD!




What would you tell someone who is just starting up a photography business?
BE willing to learn forever and love every minute of it!

What color paint is your bedroom? Why?
What about your bathroom?
Yellow, tan

What equipment do you use and if you had only one lens to use...what would it be?
Canon Mark 5D Mark II, Mark III 1D, 50mm 1.2. 35mm 1.4, 85mm 1.2, 100mm 2.8, 24-70mm 2.8, 70-200mm 2.8, 16-35mm 2.8, Fisheye, ...I would kill if you tried to take my 70-200 away!




What session idea are you dying to do, but just don't know how to pull it off?
Be a forensic photographer!

How do you find balance between life and work?
I don't, I try to but think working out keeps me level headed, I think!

Do you have a hidden talent - or a stupid human trick?
                               I can sing amazing in the shower when no one is listening




What was your first paid session like? Were you nervous?
 Did it turn out how you wanted?
It was a family on the beach and I sweat the entire time! I panicked and switched my camera to auto!

What music do you love? Do you have a favorite song of all time?
 I love 80's music, I love to drive and sing and listen to it all by myself....and it must be loud!

What is at the top of your wish list right now?
The Canon Mark IV

Tell us the best advice that you have ever received
 (photography related or life in general):
                                                                      Pay it forward




If you had an entire Saturday to do whatever you wanted...what would you do?
Oh wow, how rare! I have no idea! LOL. I think I would go out of town, but local, like Santa Barbara or Palm Springs and swim with my family, lay in the sun and enjoy a refreshing cocktail or 5.

When you look back at your life, what are you most proud of?
 I most proud of having my Masters Degree when I was only 22 years old!

How do you get a connection between you and your client(s)?
I ask a lot of questions and try not to talk about myself. Sometimes I write it down in their file later and I try to follow up, asking specifics the next time I see them. I also believe in sending thank you cards, dropping small online messages and making them happy no matter what I need to do!




Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Teaching photography classes and continuing to do what I love!

Finish this sentence: When all else fails...
walk away for a minute, get it together and try a different pers
pective. You'd be surprised 
you look what you can do with anything if you look at it in a little different light.



And lastly.....when we started The Maternal Lens, all of us filled out this questionnaire and shared our answers....now it's your turn :)

What is your favorite word? mommy
What is your least favorite word? it's too dirty to share!
What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Life experiences, all of them, births, marriages, deaths, true and real emotion
What turns you off creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Copycats!
What sound or noise do you love? my kids walking down the hall to my bedroom in the morning
What sound or noise do you hate? the neighbors dog barking in the morning, every morning for hours
What is your favorite thing to say when you get mad? well sh*t
What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Forensic photography
What profession would you not like to do? Work in a slaughter house!
If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Your Mom has been waiting very patiently for you!


 Thank you Christine for spending time with TML - we wish you continued success in your business!! 
 Let's leave Christine lots of BLOG LOVE!!!


6 comments:

  1. Anonymous6/09/2011

    Thank you so much for the honor of being on here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy Metzger6/10/2011

    Very neat to get to read about your inspirations and get to know more about you. You are an inspiration to me. I didn't really get into taking pictures until they put my newborn son in my arms 9yrs ago, I have a Canon Rebel Digital xt, started taking my own pics of my kiddos, when Sears, etc, took pics I wasn't happy with. But I look forward learning more and someday being able to buy a bigger, better camera! Photos are as close to precious to me as my children are. Thanks for your inspiration, you're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Christine's work! The sign of a great photographer, she can shoot anything, and make it look great. I love her style! Love the blog, TML!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Christine Bentley! She is a very kind and loving girlie....funny too! she rocks with her photography and it shows. It is fun working with her.....I am always excited to see her work.xoxox

    ReplyDelete

want our button on your blog? copy and paste the code below: